Advanced 3 DAY EMDR training:
EMDR FOR CHILDREN
This hands-on clinical skills training will focus on, Day 1: explaining to clients how trauma/loss relates to their presenting problems; a comprehensive/systematic model of trauma-informed treatment for a variety of presenting problems; and practice applying this trauma-informed treatment model to problem-solving with participants’ ongoing cases. Day 2: technical modifications of standard EMDR components; protocol adaptations by age group (toddler, young child, older child, teenager); related family therapy interventions; developing/enhancing secure attachment status; target selection strategies; and integration of EMDR into a comprehensive treatment approach. Day 3: motivational, treatment planning, and self-management interventions for actingout
Participants will be able to:
- Develop a systematic and comprehensive trauma-informed treatment for a variety of presenting problems.
- Explain to clients how trauma/loss relates to presenting issues/symptoms
- Problem-solve their own (or their supervisees’) challenging cases using the trauma-informed treatment perspective.
- Implement the practical technical skills needed to adapt EMDR for use with children and adolescents.
- Adjust the EMDR protocol to accommodate the age of the child.
- Engage resistant teen clients in treatment.
- Teach self-management skills.
- Help clients
- I look forward to hearing from you.
- Dr Barbara Harris, PhD, MSW, RSW